The Yeast Infection Home Remedies have become a popular method of treating yeast infections. But what exactly is a yeast infection? An excessive growth of yeast or fungus can cause yeast infection. These infections are most often caused by Candida albicans, a natural bacteria that lives in the vaginal region. The normal acidic level in the vagina helps maintain healthy regulation of the yeast. However, if this level drops below the normal level, the yeast will grow and eventually cause infection.
Poor hygiene, pregnancy, menstruation and oral contraceptive treatments can all lead to an acidic drop in the vagina. Although candida or yeast infections are not usually dangerous to your health, they can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful. Although this fungal infection can be treated in a few days, it will continue to affect your health for a long time if it is not treated. This fungal overgrowth can cause unusual symptoms such as thick and white urine, painful urination, and burning and itching around the vaginal area.
Because of the embarrassment associated with medical visits, Yeast Infection Home remedies have become very popular among women. Many at-home remedies have been tried for years and have been successful.
- Probiotics: These bacterium can be found in the vaginal region and the digestive tract. Probiotics prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and the formation of yeast fungi. This treatment is available as an oral supplement or a vaginal solution.
- Boric Acid Suppliories: This type of treatment provides anti-fungal as well as antiseptic protection. This chemical is available in the form a vaginal supppository and has been proven to be highly effective in eliminating the infections. Boric acid treatment has many health risks that must be considered before it is used. The dosage and period of usage must be followed according to the recommendation/instructions on the product, and must not be used by pregnant women. This home remedy for yeast infection is not safe for children. It may cause irritation and burning that will get worse before it gets better. Before you try this remedy, consult your doctor.
- Yogurt: Yogurt has been used to treat yeast infections for years. The good bacteria (L.H) will return to normal. Yogurt can be applied topically or you can dip a tampon in yogurt and then insert it into your vagina.
- Garlic: This herb is an enemy to yeast bacterium. It has been proven to be very effective in treating yeast infection. Garlic can be taken as an oral supplement or inserted via the vaginal route in the form a tablet or a clove. Garlic’s smell is the only thing that women don’t like. It can be taken orally, however, and it can provide many other health benefits than just healing an infection.
- Apple-cider Vinegar is used to temporarily relieve symptoms until another therapy is available. A cup of this vinegar in its natural form can be added to a bath to temporarily relieve discomfort and wait for the full healing process. If you suspect that you have a yeast infection, it is important to get treatment immediately. If the yeast infection is not treated promptly, it can spread to other areas of the body and become a chronic infection.
There are simple lifestyle changes that can be made that will help speed up recovery. With the approval of a doctor, oral contraceptives and antibiotics should be stopped. They weaken the immune system and make yeast infection more difficult to treat. Avoid tight clothing and non-cotton underneathwear as they can irritate the vaginal region and create a warm and moist environment that is ideal for bacterial growth.
You should continue to eat a varied diet that includes vegetables, protein, some fat, and plenty of water until the treatment is complete. Artificial food colorings and dyes as well as sugars and yeast (beer/alcohol and breads, cheese, etc.) should be avoided. They promote yeast/fungal growth.
If the home remedy for yeast infection does not work or the symptoms persist, it is best to seek medical attention. Infections of yeast can be uncomfortable and spread to other areas of the body. They can also become chronic. If left untreated, any general infection can cause serious damage. A reduced quality of life can lead to both physical and mental damage.
Although it may not seem like a major problem, a yeast or candida infection can make it more difficult for the body and make it more difficult to fight off other infections. These are some of my top tips that I believe will be helpful to fellow sufferers. I believe that you can make some improvements to your infection condition by using the advices. They are temporary and will not cure your problem. You can read on to learn more about the home remedy for yeast infection that has completely healed me.