You may experience migraines or headaches frequently. There is a solution that you can try. Start with prevention before you look for natural headache relief. If your headaches are caused by physical trauma, you can skip the last few paragraphs and find other natural remedies. According to many doctors, headaches are most often caused by food allergies and hypoglycaemia. They are the main cause of migraines.
These can often be caused due to allergies to milk products and pollen. To determine the cause of your allergy, it is best to consult a doctor and keep a food journal to track the trigger foods. The obvious starting points are wheat and dairy. Instead of waiting for a headache to occur, you can take your pulse after eating different foods at the 15, 30 and 60 minute intervals.
A high pulse rate greater than 10 beats per minute could indicate that you are allergic to the food, which could be the reason for your headache. You should avoid simple carbohydrates and caffeine, as well as foods that you may be allergic to. Instead, eat more protein. You should always ensure you are well hydrated.
- Dehydration can lead to headaches. Most people don’t drink enough water.
- A gentle massage to the neck, shoulders, and area around the affected area can help. Get a professional to show your partner (or you) where to massage.
- Some acupressure points can provide almost immediate relief.
- Acupuncture is a great option for chronic pain relief. It is well worth the effort.
- For mild and persistent headaches, moderate exercise can be very beneficial. The body releases natural painkillers called endorphins when it exercises.
- Grapefruit, lavender and basil are the most commonly used oils for natural headache relief. You can inhale, massage, use the oils in a cold compress, or add to a bath.